Checking on your laptop’s temperature is a healthy habit if you want it to last a long time in your hands. All sort of things can happen inside if it overheats, but the worst of them all is the melting of the inner components. So how do we avoid that from happening? We bring you three methods to keep her cool and chilling 24/7.
3 Methods to Check Laptop Temperature
Method #1 – Dedicated software usage
There are lots of different software providers that have created apps designed especially for checking CPU temperature on your laptop, so to check the laptop temperature you should really find the best that suits you better, once you’ve done that:
- Use it! That’s right, downloading and installing isn’t enough, you should learn how to use it properly and do that on a regular basis.
- Learn from it: This means that you should be aware of results and try to take action against them in order to help the cooling of your laptop.
- Keep track You should really keep track of heat peaks during the day, most software providers allow you to set up alarms for it.
You can use this tools to check temperature & protect your laptops from being overheated; Top 10 Laptop Temperature Monitor
It is something usually overlooked by many of us, but installing a heat controlling software is as important as installing an antivirus.
Method #2 – Using your laptop’s BIOS
Computers can provide the information that the software explained above help providing you but the steps to be followed to get that information straight from the source are really annoying and will make you stop doing what you are doing at the moment, let’s take a look at how to do it.
- Going into the BIOS menu: This is exactly why we say that the process is annoying. To get to this menu, you need to restart your laptop and press the selected key while it is booting in order to avoid your operating system to load. Every laptop has its designated key but is really important to press it real time.
- Look for it in the menu (don’t be afraid): The BIOS menu is really old school interface and most of us find it terrifying to modify something and not be able to use our laptops ever again. Don’t be afraid that don’t change anything at all, very important information is processed here. Look for the Hardware Monitor option and check right there the menu that says CPU Temperature and it will give you the exact temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius.
The issue with this method is that it will show you the temperature of your laptop only when it is booting and you will never know if that video editing program is making her overheat or if the newest game you’ve acquired is just too much for her.
Is your Computer becoming hot? Try this; 9 Best Computer Temperature Monitor
Method #3 – The easy way
There are some manufacturers nowadays that will place a little clock on the casing of your laptop in order to make your life easier and help you know at all times if your laptop is overheating or is working fine. This is still rare these days but as soon as manufacturers acknowledge it as an attribute and a difference they can make to compete with other companies, they will sure make it a market standard.
As working involves the use of our laptops more and more, we tend to fill them with all kinds of information and programs spending more and more time on them every day. Keeping them on all day long and installing more and heavier programs to complete multiple tasks makes temperature controlling critical at all times. Doing so will increase health and the life cycle of our laptops.
Check toptechtalks.com to get latest tech updates.